The Beta Version of Ubuntu’s next LTS – Ubuntu 12.04 has been released .To use this version, you can either download new version or upgrade existing version .To upgrade from Ubuntu 11.10 on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in “update-manager -d” (without the quotes) into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ‘12.04’ is available. Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions. To upgrade from Ubuntu 11.10 on a server system: install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed; launch the upgrade tool with the command sudo do-release-upgrade -d; and follow the on-screen instructions. Note that the server upgrade is now more robust and will utilize GNU screen and automatically re-attach in case of e.g. dropped connection problems.
Note : It is not advisable to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 Release .
Download Links :
Beta 1 images can be downloaded from a location near you:
- http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/download (Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server) .
In addition they can be found at the following links:
- http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/ (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server)
- http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Ubuntu Cloud Images)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Ubuntu DVD, preinstalled ARM images, source)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/12.04/beta-1 (Ubuntu Core)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/12.04/ (Ubuntu Netboot)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Kubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Xubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Edubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Ubuntu Studio)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/precise/beta-1/ (Lubuntu)
Note : Final version of Ubuntu 12.04 is going to release on April 26 .
your blog and your post is so beautiful. thanks