Firefox 6.0 has been released by Mozilla today . Minor bug fix has been done in this version . Firefox 7 beta will be released on September end .
What’s New in Firefox 6.0 ??
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it.
- Improved usability of the Web Console.
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync.
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama.
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
How to Install ?
Open the terminal and run the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
To localize , run the following command :
sudo apt-get install firefox-locale-$code
Note : Give your language code for $code