BleachBit helps you to clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy. In other words , we can say its alternative to CCleaner which is used in windows platform for the same purpose .
Uses of Bleachbit :
- Free disk space
- Reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files
- Maintain privacy
- Improve system performance (by vacuuming the Firefox database, for example)
- Prepare whole disk images for compression (common for “ghost” backups and virtual machines) by wiping free disk space
What’s new in 0.9.1 :
- Clean segments and segment_usage in Google Chrome History
- Clean favicons on Chromium, Google Chrome
- Clean “History Provider Cache” on Chromium and Google Chrome
- Clean download history in Chromium, Google Chrome
- Fix rare “ZeroDivisionError: float division” bug while cleaning free disk space.
Above screenshot was taken when i tried to remove Firefox cache which in turns frees the disk space. The best part is here that you can check preview of “disk space which is going to be recovered” before you actually do it .
How to : Remove the Guest Session from the Logon screen in Ubuntu 11.10
Pasaffe : Password Manager for GNOME | How to Install in Ubuntu 11.10
Downverter : Youtube Downloader & Convertor for Ubuntu
How to: Install Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 11.10
How to : Install Mobile Media Convertor in Ubuntu 11.10
How to : Configure Thunderbird in Ubuntu 11.10 to Send & Receive Mails of Gmail Account