Windows 8 officially previewed today by Microsoft in their “Build conference”.Windows 8 will be the next generation operating system for Microsoft that will be for both computers and tablet PC’s.
One of the biggest change made Windows 8 was Metro style UI:
The entire look and feel of the operating system is much inspired with Metro UI that was similar to the windows phone 7 phones.
The boot speed of the operating system is so fast that loads the OS quickly in 6 seconds.
The next generation USB technology that helps faster file transfers.
The redesigned task manager helps in monitoring the running apps in a whole new way.
Appstore to download metro apps as well as win32 apps.
Lighter Operating system:
Windows 8 Explorer
Visual studio 11
Windows 8 platform stack
- The taskbar in windows 8 spans multiple monitors.
- You can even set pictures as login passwords in windows8.
- Developers now have access to SkyDrive just like local file system with help of APIs
- Windows 8 devices will be using ARM and Intel processors and this is the first time Microsoft is employing other hardware vendors apart from Intel.
- Appstore is not launched during this developer preview and it was just announced.
- Windows8 will support visual studio 11 with html5 features.
- Split keyboard for tablets and touch devices.
- Every computer that runs on windows 7 will be able to run windows 8
Since this is a pre beta release we can expect lot of bug fixes before it goes for the final revision.